Getting the right lawyer to represent you in your
personal injury lawsuit is of great importance for your case. When searching for a lawyer
you want to look for someone who has experience with personal injury cases
such as yours, and has a proven track record of positive verdicts and
settlements in these cases. Finding such an attorney is not easy, which
is why you need to make sure that you ask the right questions during a
first consultation. Here are six questions you should ask that can help
you determine whether a personal injury lawyer is the right fit for your case:
- Has your firm worked on cases similar to mine before and can you tell me
how you handle these cases?
- Who will actually be working on my case if I hire your firm?
- Can I get in touch with you personally for any questions I might have?
- Do you have any client testimonials I can read?
- How much trial experience do you have?
- Have you been involved in cases where you had to negotiate with or sue
an insurance company?
Of course, the exact questions you need to ask will depend a bit on your
specific case. Above questions however will give you a good idea about
what types of questions you need to ask. It’s often a good idea
to get a free consultation with a few personal injury lawyers to make
sure you find one who you feel comfortable with. While legal expertise
and experience are very important, good communication between you and
your lawyer is equally important. A lack of communication can negatively
affect how well your case is handled.
If you need a
personal injury attorney, The Kyle Law Firm can help you out.
Contact ustoday to set up a free consultation.