Hurt in a Construction Accident?
Start Your Case for Free: (830) 476-7780
The construction industry employs a great many people. Even though these construction workers are skilled and experienced in safety measures, accidents still happen. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, more than 1,000 construction workers are killed every year while on the job.
Workers' compensation is available to the injured construction worker, but these funds are usually not enough to support the victim's family. In many situations the only recourse is to file a personal injury lawsuit through the help of an experienced New Braunfels construction litigation lawyer at The Kyle Law Firm.
No out-of-pocket fees. Start today with a FREE case review.
Types of Construction Accidents
There are many types of accidents considered construction accidents:
- Workers on an oil rig can be victims of oil and gas explosions. These serious fires often claim many lives and cause severe injuries for those who survive.
- Heavy equipment used at construction sites can malfunction due to old age or poor maintenance.
- Collapsed scaffolding can harm numerous people in one accident.
- Crane accidents are also common on construction sites, as are trench collapses.
- Human error can also play a part in construction accidents. Supervisor negligence means that the person in charge did not establish or maintain safety protocols on the worksite.
Our team at The Kyle Law Firm can help you prove negligence on the part of the construction company. This means that the accident could have been prevented if reasonable care was taken to ensure that the equipment was not faulty and that all possible safety measures were enforced. The owner of the construction company has a duty to supply a safe work environment for their workers.
Seek Compensation with Our New Braunfels Construction Accident Attorneys
Construction accidents cause many different types of injuries, including:
- Loss of limbs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Paralysis or a permanent vegetative state
Victims of these various types of accidents face mounting medical bills as they recover from their injuries, and loss of wages from being unable to work.
Victims of construction accidents or their family members often need financial compensation just to survive. For some families the only option is to sue. A personal injury attorney focuses on getting you a settlement that pays for your medical bills and other household expenses such a mortgage or rent. If a settlement offer cannot be reaches by the two sides, then there is a trial. Have a skilled and experienced construction accident lawyer on our team represent you in your lawsuit.
Contact us today for a FREE consultation.