Getting arrested is an extremely scary event. An unexpected arrest can cause you to panic or act irrational but keeping calm will be in your best interest. You may not know what to do if a situation like this unfolds, but following these tips can help you get through this unfortunate circumstance, so you don’t make mistakes that can be used against you.
- Although the situation may seem out of control especially if you’re caught off guard, try to be as polite as possible. Manners have never mattered more than at this moment. Politeness is welcomed by everyone and may work as an advantage for you in this stressful situation.
- Don’t try to run away or resist arrest. This can add additional charges against you, which can hurt you later on when it comes down to sentencing or bail fees.
- Try to remember who arrested you, what their name was, badge number and ID. This might come up again if you have to go to court. Remembering these things will help you recall the details of that night.
- Get an attorney as soon as possible. Contact The Kyle Law Firm for experienced attorneys who fight hard and bring our clients results in personal liability and criminal defense cases.
- Only let the police search your car or house if they have a warrant, and if they do, ask to see it. You don’t want anything that you have to be used against you or could be the cause for a longer sentence.
- Don’t speak unless you have your attorney present. Only speak to the police once you have your attorney with you. You do not have to answer any questions until your attorney is present. The attorneys at The Kyle Law Firm know how to help and will advise you on what to do.
Those are just a couple of helpful tips for you to think about if you ever get arrested. contact an attorney at The Kyle Law Firm if you have any questions regarding criminal defense cases or for a free consultation.