Getting the right lawyer to represent you in your personal injury lawsuit is of great importance for your case. When searching for a lawyer you want to look for someone who has experience with personal injury cases such as yours, and has a proven track record of positive verdicts and settlements in these cases. Finding such an attorney is not easy, which is why you need to make sure that you ask the right questions during a first consultation. Here are six questions you should ask that can help you determine whether a personal injury lawyer is the right fit for your case:
- Has your firm worked on cases similar to mine before and can you tell me how you handle these cases?
- Who will actually be working on my case if I hire your firm?
- Can I get in touch with you personally for any questions I might have?
- Do you have any client testimonials I can read?
- How much trial experience do you have?
- Have you been involved in cases where you had to negotiate with or sue an insurance company?
Of course, the exact questions you need to ask will depend a bit on your specific case. Above questions however will give you a good idea about what types of questions you need to ask. It's often a good idea to get a free consultation with a few personal injury lawyers to make sure you find one who you feel comfortable with. While legal expertise and experience are very important, good communication between you and your lawyer is equally important. A lack of communication can negatively affect how well your case is handled.
If you need a personal injury attorney, The Kyle Law Firm can help you out. Contact ustoday to set up a free consultation.