The law doesn’t always have to pertain serious matters. Sometimes law makers just want to have a good laugh, which is when they make up crazy laws. While it might not happen exactly like this, you’d wonder though where some of the below listed laws came from. Let’s have a look at some of the strangest laws that are still in effect today in Texas:
- There’s a law stating that if you are going to commit a crime, you need to notify your victims orally or in writing 24 hours before the act will take place and include the type of crime that you will commit. This is definitely a law that we’d like to see followed.
- Shooting buffalos from the second story of a hotel is a big no-go. There’s nothing stated about the first, third, or fourth flour (you can go even higher if you are in for a challenge of course) though, so bring on those buffalos.
- In order to be able to hold public office, a person needs to acknowledge a Supreme Being.
- In 2001 there was a state program created for trying to control the weather. No special weather orders are being taken yet though.
- If you are facing jail time, at least when you get out you will be entitled to a horse and a shotgun, if you request it.
If you are facing criminal charges you should consult with an attorney as soon as possible. The experienced criminal defense lawyers at The Kyle Law Firm can provide you the necessary legal help. Call us today to set up a free consultation.