Legal Representation For High School Students
More than 70,000 criminal incidents are reported each year on high school campuses. Likewise, thousands of high schoolers are charged with criminal offenses outside the schools they attend.
If convicted, the consequences can be severe. A criminal record can restrict a student’s eligibility for financial aid and college scholarships. Depending on the nature of an offense, a conviction can lead to a student’s suspension or expulsion — to say nothing of imprisonment —which places a great deal of burden on one’s entire family.
The attorneys at Kyle Law Firm can help. We are committed to providing aggressive defense counsel to students and their families in New Braunfels and throughout Central Texas. We understand what’s at stake — nothing short of an individual’s future. With this in mind, we are committed to protecting our clients’ reputations and rights. We challenge every aspect of the charges our clients face and, whenever possible, will seek a full dismissal.
Legal Defense In A Full Spectrum Of Criminal Matters
Assault is the most common criminal charge across high school campuses. Drug offenses arise with nearly equal frequency. Our lawyers offer protection to students for a full array of crimes, including:
- DUI — In drunk driving cases, the courts are harsher on underage drinkers than on other offenders.
- Drug possession — Drug use — and, particularly, the abuse of prescription drugs — is increasingly common among high schoolers. The authorities punish offenders severely.
- Alcohol consumption — Minors charged with underage alcohol consumption can face up to $4,000 in fines.
- Sexual assault — As awareness of abuse increases, incidents of nonconsensual sex are on the rise.
- Theft and destruction of property — The law treats campus theft as severely as stealing from any other source.
- Teacher abuse — Confrontations and improper relations between students and teachers are an increasing issue for schools. They are often handled swiftly — and recklessly — by authorities.
Teens are prone to act out. Indeed, it’s expected of them. Yet the courts often grant students little leeway when criminal charges are filed.
Our lawyers have more than 60 years of combined experience preparing effective defenses for our clients. We know the local courts. We know the local counsel. We know how to work within the confines of the legal system to achieve the best possible legal outcomes.
Keeping Your Future Intact
To learn more about our services, reach out to our firm. You can call us at 830-620-9402 or arrange an appointment online. Initial consultations are free, enabling us to assess your situation and inform you of your options before you are obliged to retain us.