What Causes Birth Injuries?
Every year, approximately 28,000 infants in the U.S. are injured during birth. The majority of these incidents arise when a medical professional fails to properly evaluate or respond to complications during a woman’s delivery. While some birth injuries are unavoidable, many can — and should — be prevented. Victims and their families may be able to recover financial compensation for medical care and emotional trauma. We can help obtain it.
The attorneys at Kyle Law Firm have more than 60 years of combined experience assisting victims of medical negligence. With our help, families in New Braunfels and throughout Central Texas have recovered millions of dollars to help compensate them for their trauma. We stand ready to assist you, too.
The Most Common Birth Injuries
Doctors and nurses are, of course, highly trained professionals with your best interests in mind. Nevertheless, mistakes happen. In many cases, decisions of great consequence must be made in extremely narrow frames of time. Statistically, injuries are occasionally inevitable.
The most common types of birth injuries include:
- Caput succedaneum — The swelling of soft tissues in the infant’s scalp
- Cephalohematoma — Bleeding beneath the cranial bones
- Bruising — Bruising as a result of forceps or other birthing methods
- Subconjunctival hemorrhage — The breakage of blood vessels in the infant’s eye
- Facial paralysis — Paralysis caused by nerve damage incurred during delivery
- Brachial palsy — Most commonly incurred when delivering the infant’s shoulder, this is when the group of nerves supplying the arms and hands is damaged
- Fractures — Broken bones as a result of delivery
If your family has suffered such an accident, our lawyers are prepared to help.
Legal Support When You Most Need It
To learn more about our services, reach out to our firm. You can call us at 830-620-9402 or reach us online. Initial consultations are always free, enabling us to inform you of your options before you’re obliged to pay.